For those familiar with NDT, you probably know Neil Sattin - a dog trainer based in Portland, Maine who specializes in the Natural Dog Training techniques. He came to train with Kevin years ago, with his aggressive dog Nola. What started as a few sessions, turned into an apprenticeship, and Neil has since become a vital part of the NDT community. (And Nola, as Neil describes, has "become a shining beacon of sociability".) You can read more about Neil and his journey here
Recently, Neil 'sat down' with Kevin for an informal interview. The following is an excerpt from his site about that call:
"I’m really excited to be kicking off a new series here on the Natural Dog Blog – where I’ll be interviewing interesting people, and – hopefully – also giving you opportunities to get on live conference calls to ask these interesting people your interesting questions. This call is about eighty minutes long, and in it we cover such diverse topics as:
- How Kevin Behan got started (and evolved) as a dog trainer
- The breakthroughs that led Kevin to his current understanding of how dogs work – they’ll transform the way you think about dogs.
- What’s going to be in Kevin’s new book (Your Dog Is Your Mirror, coming out in October, 2010)
- The emotional dynamics at work when your dog is with another dog
- Practical steps to quickly gain new insight into your dog’s behavior
- and much, much more…"
Head to Neil's site for the link to the audio!
As mentioned in this interview, Neil and Kevin had the chance to sit down again, and this time took questions from listeners. We'll be sure to post this as soon as it comes available, and be on the lookout for other great interviews from Neil and the Natural Dog Blog!